Traditional chocolate blue poppy seed cake
Level of difficulty: advanced
Preparation time: 120 minutes
Serving: for ten people
Dish type: Deserts
Caloric value: 100 g of cake contains approx. 311 kcal
- 250 g of blue poppy from Stefik
- 1 Cup of rum
- 1 Cup of hot water
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cups of flour
- 125 g of butter
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1.5 packages of thick cream
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the yolks and egg. Knead together: vanilla sugar, baking powder, cocoa, sliced butter, cream and sugar. Wrap in foil and refrigerate.
- Fill the poppy seeds with hot water with the addition of rum. Let stand for half an hour, then strain through a cloth. Grind in a food processor – preferably twice.
- Beat the whites until stiff. Add them to the poppy seeds and stir gently until the ingredients are mixed.
- Roll out the dough and spread the filling on it, then roll into a roulade.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 170 degrees