Hearty Hungarian stew with beans
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Serving: for four persons
Dish type: hot dish
Caloric value: 100 g of Hungarian stew contains approx. 106 kcal
- Raspberry beans 250g.
- bacon (quantity at your discretion)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 300 g of pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- carrots, parsley, red pepper, potatoes, large tomato
- hot pepper in spices
- spices at your discretion
- Soak raspberry beans (for ex. from Stefik) in salted water, all night. Then we cook them until tender.
- Fry the diced bacon, onion and garlic cloves in a small amount of oil.
- When the onion is glazed, season with hot pepper.
- Add the diced pork shoulder and fry on all sides.
- Add tomato puree to the pork shoulder and fill it with hot water. Season with cumin, salt and pepper, then simmer it for approx. 1 hour on a tiny fire
- Transfer the beans to the meat (with part of the water in which they boiled)
- Add grated carrots, small parsley, red pepper, tomato and large potatoes
- Cook for half an hour, then season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- It is best to leave for the night